Marie Curie Senior Researcher Position in Tissue Engineering (CLOSED)
Application Deadline: 28/02/2015 — EXTENDED DEADLINE: 15/03/2015 —
The Molecular Dynamics at Cell-Biomaterial Interface group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a senior researcher for the development of soft nanofibrous construct for cellular therapy of degenerative skeletal disorders, within the frame of the FIBROGELNET European Project (http://www.fibrogelnet.org).
Using high performance materials and advanced nanotechnology this project strives to combine biomimetic gels with differently oriented nanofibers with human mesenchimal stem cells (hMSC) to generate a novel type of living tissue engineering construct considered for bone and cartilage repair.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
– Biomaterials characterization.
– Studies on stem cells and cell-biomaterials interaction.
– Nanofibers production.
Requirements for candidates:
– PhD degree in biological sciences.
– 5 years of postdoctoral experience in the field of Cell Biology, Biophysics, or Tissue Engineering.
– High level of English and good writing skills.
– Initiative, independent thinking, teamwork and good communication skills.
Marie-Curie fellowship Mobility requirement:
– At the time of recruitment by IBEC, candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work or studies) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment.
– 1 year, full time labor contract.
– Competitive salary and mobility allowance.
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.